Buffalo United Methodist Church is a loving community of faith in the heart of Buffalo, West Virginia!
Folks are friendly, dress is casual and all are welcome!
Some historical background, from the back of a plate dated 1955:
Benjamin Kennerly Craig who settled where the town of Buffalo now stands, was a member of the Methodist Church and upon his lands just in the read of the town was erected the first “Methodist Meeting House” in Putnam County. Previous to this time, services were held at the residences of private families, or in cabins erected for school purposes.
At the time of the Civil War the old Buffalo church was used as barracks by soldiers of both contending armies. During the war the church was destroyed and all the records were lost.
In the year 1870 the present church was built and dedicated. The deception exercises were conducted by Bishop George Pierce of Georgia.
Among the early preachers serving the church were: John W. Martin, S.T. Mallory, P.W. Glover and G.W. McClung. Rev. William Casto is the present pastor of the church.